Steady Hand Painting - Problems initially, but situation was corrected.

Atlanta, Georgia 0 comments

Since this website does not provide a way to edit or remove previously posted complaints, I am having to add a new one, stating that the situation has been corrected.

Steady hand painting was contracted to paint 3 of our bedrooms, 1 master bathroom and kitchen.They did a decent job initially; however, a few problems (couple of minor missed spots and jagged lines) were encountered.

The clean up job wasn't completely thorough, as well initially. However, the owner came out to inspect the job and cleaned up all of the spots of paint on the linoleum and a couple of other places, and graciously agreed to give us a 50% refund. This was more than sufficient to rectify the situation.

His correcting the situation is much appreciated.Thanks

Steady Hand Painting, Atlanta, GA - sloppy work, got paint on floors, furniture

Atlanta, Georgia 2 comments

Whatever you do, under any circumstances, do not hire this company to do any painting. They should not be painting anything - they should be out of business.

They, very sloppily, painted our bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen. There were huge spots that they missed. Some of these spots were behind large pieces of furniture - they probably thought we wouldn't move the furniture away from the wall and look at it, but we did, and it looks absolutely awful. They did not tape edges and sloppily got paint on some of the trim. They didn't even pain part of the trim like they were supposed to do, according to the contract.

And not only did they not do a good job of painting, they apparently did not put a drop cloth down because they got drops of paint on the kitchen floor, they got paint all over our shower and there is paint all over the headboard of our bed! I mean, who the heck does painting without putting a drop cloth down first and covering up the furniture!!! How freaking lazy do you have to be to not even do that!

So when I called the guy to come out and look at it, he tries to charge me to put another coat on the kitchen walls, where they missed the first time. And I politely asked him to come out and fix all the problems, and they would not do it. This company is a joke - I am surprised that they ever get any business. I am shocked at all these other positive reviews on this board - most of them are probably bogus or posted by friends and relatives of the people who work for Steady Hand Painting, or posted by Steady Hand workers themselves. Trust me, folks, you do not want to hire this company for anything. YOU WILL REGRET IT IF YOU DO!!

Comments

stephen2907

Since this website does not provide a way to edit or remove previously posted complaints, I am having to add a new comment, stating that the situation has been corrected.

The clean up job wasn't completely thorough, as well initially. However, the owner came out to inspect the job and cleaned up all of the spots of paint on the linoleum and a couple of other places, and graciously offered to give us a 50% refund. This was more than sufficient to rectify the situation.

His correcting the situation is much appreciated.Thanks.

This customer hired us to do some work for a total of $500 or so dollars.We completed the job back in October, over a month ago.

The job was inspected, approved and paid in full. We received a complaint November 24th in the morning. I said no problem I will come out TODAY and look at it. When I arrived I patiently heard his issues.

I immediately wiped the couple of drops of paint off the linoleum flooring and furniture with a damp sponge. All of it came off. There was not a lot and nothing was damaged. A drop cloth was used, however, the headboard did get a very little bit of latex paint on it that was completely removed that day by me.

This customer wanted to supply his own paint to save a few bucks. We have the contract that shows one coat of tinted primer to be supplied by the customer. However the primer was not tinted to the color of the paint and was stark white. When we painted the one coat it did not completely cover the white.

The customer demanded we apply another coat for free and straighten out lines. We agreed to either give him half his money back OR we could touch up and charge him $75 for a second coat. The customer said that he painted before and that it should cover in one coat. I told him that was not usually the case especially when you provide the paint and there is such a drastic difference in color between the primer and the paint.

I am sure our offer was fair.I refuse to let people who want freebees threaten to be mean-spirited on the internet and lie and force me into doing these kinds of things for nothing.